What events you can expect on the Island this Festive Season
You cannot have a Winter Series without talking about the Festivities that take place at Christmas, and there are so many going on. Lots of Isle of Wight towns and attractions go all out to make it the most wonderful time of the year.
What you will hear about in this Episode:
- Havenstreet Steam Railway Santa Specials
- Mince Pie Specials at Havenstreet
- Why riding the Steam Train on the Island will remind you of the Hogwarts express
- Ventnor Annual Boxing Day Swim
- Southern Vectis Christmas Lights Tour
- Needles Pleasure Park – Wight Christmas
- Brighstone Christmas Tree – 10th – 13th December 2015
- Celebration of Christmas Weekend -Newchurch Christmas Fair
- Cowes Christmas Festival – 14th – 15th Decemner 2015
- Festive Fantasy Land
- Shanklin Festival of Christmas
- Abominable Snowman 10k
- Osborne House Christmas
- Pantomime – Shanklin Theatre
- Pantomime – Medina Theatre
- Hedge Laying Competition
Links you may find helpful
Our Sponsor for this show is The Wight Choice Card
The Wight Choice is a local loyalty card scheme for the Isle of Wight that rewards you for shopping locally. Show your Wight Choice card when using one of the 50 participating businesses on the Island and receive a discount.
Like us the guys at The Wight Choice believe in supporting local, independent businesses.
The way it works is that you purchase your card online and you will receive a card in the post. Then you show it at one of the participating businesses and you’ll receive discounts from 10 to 50%.
No vouchers, no hassle, and only one yearly fee, and if you buy the card via our link you save even more as it will cost you just £13.50 instead of £15. Considering you could save hundreds of pounds on your day-to-day living cost, we think that’s great value for money.
What are you waiting for!
It’s easy! Simply click here, follow the 2 or 3 steps and you’ll soon have your personalised Wight Choice card pop through your letterbox!
Our Theme Music
Thank you to Rob Carr and The Cardinal Richeliu for the theme music which is taken from their track ‘My Door’.
For more information about the band and to listen to more of their music click here